Saturday 23 November 2013

Achievement!

Last time I blogged about my hypothyroidism, I last clocked in at 32 days... 
152 days later and I've still taking my tablets every day. Such a massive achievement!!! 
Obviously as a kid, my record is much higher but as an adult? Paha! 
I'm not going to lie, I've had them days where all I wanted was to sleep all day and just bury my head in the sand about it... But I can't. They're important tablets. My Nana made me realise that if I don't take these little tiny tablets every single day of my life, I won't function as me properly.
It does bug me that I'm stuck like this for the rest of my life, with regular blood tests to find out my levels, having to take my tablets before my breakfast, making sure I don't have too much iron as apparently that's meant to be avoided, keeping my vitamin D up as well so I don't get ill... Sounds easy haha! Whatcha going on about Laura?

One of the guys at work knew all about hypo (yep, let's shorten it down to make it easier) and oh it was good to be understood! 
It is quite hard to explain it to my unrelated & a few related loved ones, and sure they'll understand what it is, but not the effect it's had on me... 
In these last 184 days, I have felt better. But at the moment, just don't feel up to scratch. 

L x 

No comments:

Post a Comment