Monday 7 October 2013

Thrifty Wedding #5

One of my Aunts who is also one of my Godmothers has been so generous to offer to do P & I some favour bags with almonds in. I cannot remember the name exactly. Bon-something!
We are still going to do what we originally wanted with the favours, but this is something a little bit more. Something traditional.
Five almonds for five meanings:
1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Happiness
4. Love
5. Fertility

We have picked our wedding invites! We haven't finished sending out the Save the Dates but at least we have agreed on something for a future month!
I cannot remember how I found out about Wedding Chicks, but their invitation suites are amazing, and a lot of their freebie stuff. 
I would highly recommend checking them out!
We've got the table numbers sorted, name cards for the tables... it came with the invitation suite. Oh and a reply card.
You can get monograms, wallpapers for your phone, and a variety of signs and labels.


We've decided on what we want for our wedding cakes. That's right. Cakes. We're having 3. We know the people who are coming are quite fussy and it would be best to have a variety. Thanks to not concentrating when I was baking not long ago, I changed the amounts of the ingredients and found the perfect recipe. So I'm just going to use that, mix it up abit and practice so we can save a few bob on the wedding cakes.
We're going to ask P's parents to do the fruit cake as I have no idea how to make them and I'm not confident. Sponge cakes however? My cup of tea!



L x

No comments:

Post a Comment