Monday 24 June 2013

Bedroom Makeover Wishlist

The other evening I was having a relaxing evening in bed with a cup of tea and a book, when I looked up and realised my chest of drawers were knackered.
That then caused me to look round the room, and I compiled a list of stuff to get.

Phil & I have been living together for four months now and it still looks like we literally have just combined our stuff together and left it like that.

Slowly these past couple of months, I've been starting to get stuff to make the place ours. It's mainly started with the kitchen, but I think it's time to focus on one room at a time.

And our bedroom is the winner.

Chest of drawers
Wall art
Duvet
Cushions
Photo frames
Throw
Rug
Makeup organiser
For this, I was originally thinking of having a quirky display by using a cake stand, but I can't stop changing my mind between that and just some normal storage boxes...

The prices for the majority of these items are WAAAYYY out of my price range but hey, a girl can dream right? I will indeed be keeping my eyes open and be checking out local charity shops that focus on furniture. 
There's a couple of great places I like to go to in Nuneaton for stuff like this. 
The British Heart Foundation F&E (although I am slightly biased as I volunteered there for a few months) gets some terrific pieces in, and I recently discovered a place called Second Chances. Had a couple of looks round there and it is SO cheap!!! 
I could have got a dining table and chairs for about £15 if it had been the right style we want. Sadly it wasn't though *sad face*... and this place has also featured on an episode of SuperScrimpers!

L x


Edit: just a little spelling mistake! All corrected now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment