Sunday 19 May 2013

NIVEA BB Cream


After months of knowing about it, I decided to try it. Yay! 
Was only £5 from Asda and Phil treated me to it :)

It's said to even skin tone, refine the appearance of pores and provides a matte effect. It also covers imperfections such as blemishes, signs of fatigue, dark eye circles, reddish skin colour and fine lines. It illuminates complexion, boosting skin's natural glow and provides light, fast absorbing moisture and helps to protect the skin from sunlight induced environmental influences and premature ageing with SPF 10.

The first time I tried applying it, I used a foundation brush... mistake and a half! Looked like I'd crushed up a lot of bags of Wotsits with some face cream and lathered it on. 
After using a baby wipe, my skin felt absolutely soft with a slight tint to it left. Looked like I had a slight tan... Now that has been years, I can tell you! 

The second time I used the cream, it went a lot easier and I used a lot less cream. I'm still a newbie at using products like this, so I'm sure once I get the hang of it, I'll be a lot more confident in applying it. 

To be honest, reading the description above... I can only agree with the moisturising factor. It did have a lovely smell and made me think of sunny days. But it doesn't do much else. My skin doesn't look much different, it just feels more soft.
Maybe this just isn't the right BB cream for me. There's no harm in trying things out though!
I may be 25 but after a few years of confidence problems, it's taking a while to get used to makeup again.


As you can see from the picture, the marks around my mouth are still noticeable, and so are the red patches of my skin.

Any recommendations on a BB cream on a very low budget??

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment